Post Buying Request
Home > Industry News > Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 2019

Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 2019

Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 20192019.05.21


According to Thai Customs, Thailand has imported a total of 1,074,726 kg of DAP, diammonium phosphate ( HS 31053000 diammonium hydrogenorthophosphate) with the import value worth of 28,291,906 Baht in the first quarter of 2019, seeing a 33.1% and 24.8% YoY increase respectively. 


In the first quarter of 2019, Thailand has imported 27,146,941 Baht of DAP from China, accounting for nearly 96% of its total import value, and the other 4% are imported from Belgium and Germany.



(Data Source: Thai Customs)

Through the data from ITC, India, Pakistan, Vietnam, Bangladesh and Thailand are the top five DAP importers from China. Thailand has imported 374,456 MT of DAP from China in 2018 and has become the the 5th largest DAP importer from China, accounting for 5% of China’s DAP export value.

 




(Data Source: ITC)


(Data Source: ITC)

 
Thailand’s DAP import value from China has shown an increase and then a decrease in the past five years. In 2015, the DAP import value from China hit the peak at 197,954 thousand USD and dropped to 155,004 thousand USD in 2018.



(Data Source: ITC)
 
Based on the diagraph from Thai Customs, Thailand’s DAP import peak in the past three years occurred in different months in the second quarter. In 2016, the import peak was 182 million Baht in May, and in 2017, the import top value was 153 million Baht in June while the peak in 2018 was 151 million Baht in April. So the DAP import peak in 2019 may also appeared in the second quarter. 




(Data Source: Thai Customs)
 



Tag
Share It : Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 2019 Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 2019 Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 2019 Thailand’s DAP Import Increased in Q1 2019