Agriculture is the backbone of the Indian economy, as it employs nearly half of India’s workforce and contributes ~17% to the nation’s GDP. The Green Revolution towards the beginning of 1970s had major economic effects in terms of the production and productivity. The Green Revolution led India from a food deficient country to a food surplus economy. It has not only helped increase exports of agricultural products but has also helped satisfy the demands of India’s huge population.
The Crop Protection Chemicals & Solutions is a fast developing industry globally, which is open to innovation and are considered as the major tools to protect crops and increase the yields. The sector faces many challenges & solution to same can lead to India becoming a global manufacturing hub of Crop Protection Chemicals .This necessitates, the judicious use of crop protection chemicals within the confines of a regulatory framework of the country.
Table of Contents
2. Executive summary
4. Challenges faced by Indian Agriculture
5. Need for doubling farmers income
6. Current status of India’s Crop-protection Chemicals
7. Opportunities & Key Growth Drivers for Indian Crop Protection Market
8. Increasing farmer income: Role of Crop Protection Solutions